With the increased emphasis on infrastructure projects worldwide, this has become more important than ever. Too often, even very large and important projects are embarked upon using the wrong procurement methods. It is vital to alight upon the most suitable contracting strategy before proceeding with a project. This requires careful thought and preparation. It includes selecting the appropriate form and style of contract and assessing tenders.
John has done this on
- a Garden Festival using various ad-hoc and standard contracts, novations and consultancy agreements
- a law court using a two-stage contracting strategy
- a civil engineering contract based on a lump sum
- a defence project using the government contracts
- design and build contracts for industrial buildings
- design, manage and build contracts for industrial buildings