International Arbitration remains an important final means of resolving disputes, whether as the default method or when a Dispute Board decision is appealed. John is qualified to act as an Arbitrator and has prepared cases for Parties to Arbitrations arising from international infrastructure projects under various codes and rules. In almost all cases, this has enabled the Party he acted for to achieve an acceptable settlement without incurring the costs of an Arbitration which ran the full course. In the other cases, a favourable result was achieved.
John is currently a Co-Arbitrator in a complex dispute in the Middle East.
- a Chartered Arbitrator
- a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- listed by the Dubai International Arbitration Centre
- on the database of the LCIA
- listed by Clerksroom
- a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Arbitrators
- a Member of the Oil and Gas Branch of the Arbitration Club
- a former Chairman the UK’s Western Counties Branch and served for two years on the Council of the CIArb
See the Links page for links to these bodies.